Powerful Poetry (I cried)

Thursday, July 02, 2020


"I have two facts for you, one, I'm six feet tall.
And two, love is the most vulnerable thing one will ever have. And you must learn to hold on to it loosely so when it leaves, it won't exit so painfully. On July 14, 1996, an angel was brought to this Earth. Her name, Danielle Marie Gibson, but I only know her as Puff. Her smile is wide as the universe, her eyes they glimmer like the stars, she is my world, and my sister. I, just four years old at the time learned what it meant to love selflessly for on days, and watched my strength was but knee-high, seeing her smiling face would make my soul fly! But.... On March 23, 1997, I've been ground bound because she left Earth to go back home amongst the stars right next to God, but I was left here to manufacture wings out of tears and broken dreams yet I'm still haunted by these nightmares because I have a really creative mind. And sometimes it designs these alternate realities where she is still here. Still alive, and all the things I wished we could've done I'll play it again, and again, and again And I'm tired of playing God because I gotta come to terms with the fact That my sister ain't never coming back! And that's the cost of love. Caring for someone so much that you can't imagine living life without them. Staring at a grave like, "How about I trade my six feet for yours?" But that's not real. And I know I said earlier to hold onto love loosely, So when it leaves, it won't exit so painfully. But if this pain and these memories are all I got left of you, I won't never regret these scars From just trying to hold on to you."

Brandon Leake AGT, 2020

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts